International Projects - Committee Chairperson Jennifer Willis
The International Project Committee wishes to express our sincere gratitude for the support given to the schools in Ghana West Africa.
We are requesting the following supplies: spiral tablet paper, pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue.
Items may be mailed to Harahan Elementary at:
JoAnn Chevalier or Joyce Blunt
6723 Jefferson Hwy.
Harahan, Louisiana 70123
**Be sure to include the Northeast Louisiana Reading Council within the package.
NLRC IP Chairperson
Jennifer will see that the materials are at the LRA meeting in Baton Rouge by January.
International Development Coordinating Committee
1. Collect and disseminate information regarding international projects to and from all international development committees to NLRA & LRA.
2. Support regional IDCs in promoting IRA membership and council development.
3. Encourage regional IDCs to submit applications for IRA awards and grants and assist them with proposal development for special projects.
4. Strengthen partnerships worldwide with whom IRA can work to expand access to literacy for all; facilitate the development of international projects which focus on professional development through external funding sources; and identify and/or support professional development projects in the regions.
5. Publicize International Literacy Day areawide, in conjunction with Headquarters.
6. Review new resolutions and positions for global applicability and make recommendations to NLRC At spring and fall meetings.
International Reading Association Chairperson
Rizalina C. Labanda
Blk 10 Lot 88
Golden City Subd
Sta Rosa Laguna 4026
Last Updated 4/17/09 6:09 pm by Site Administrator