National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Three part mission:
A. To establish high and rigorous standards for what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do.
B. To develop and operate a national voluntary system to assess and certify teachers who meet these standards.
C. To advance related education reforms fo the purpose fo improving students learning.
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Five Core Propositions:
1. Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
2. Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
3. Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
4. Teachers think systematically about their practices and learn from experience.
5. Teachers are members of learning communities.
Early Childhood, ages 3-8
Middle Childhood, ages 7-12
Early Adolescence, ages 11-15
Adolescence and Young Adulthood, ages 14-18+
For more information: